For dumpling dough
- 2 cups glutinous rice flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
For sweet soup
- 2 litres water
- 160g brown sugar
- Pandan leaves
- Bring a pot of water with pandan leaves and dried longan to a boil.
- Add brown sugar and mix.
- Once ready, put aside for serving later.
- Bring another pot of water to a boil. This is for boiling the dumplings.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix flour and sugar.
- Add water slowly and knead till the dough is formed, not too wet and not too dry. If too wet, add more flour. If too dry, add more water.
- Divide the dough into 2 (if you want 2 colours). Add food colouring, drop by drop, and knead till the colour is even.
- Roll balls of dough and drop them into the boiling water.
- Once they float, sieve them out. For me, I will rinse under tap water so as to make it more chewy.
- Then remove and drop into the pot of sweet soup.