- 1 cup uncooked rice, rinsed and drained
- Water to cook rice
- 3 garlic cloves
- 150g button mushrooms, sliced (white or brown fresh ones)
- 150g chicken fillet, cubed
- 10g butter
- Few tablespoons of Campbell’s cream of mushroom soup
- Shredded mozarella cheese
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parsley for garnishing, optional
- Use a saucepan, melt the butter. Add in the sliced mushrooms and chicken pieces. Stir fry for a while till the surface of the chicken is white. Do not fully cook the chicken or it will be too cooked after the whole process.
- Add in the uncooked rice, salt and pepper to taste. Stir well.
- You may now transfer the rice mixture to a rice cooker or steam the rice mixture like I do. Add around 2 cups of water or just enough to cover the rice. Put in the garlic cloves.
- When the rice is cooked, portion out the rice into individual oven-safe dishes or 1 big oven-safe dish until it fills half height of the dish.
- Spread some mushroom soup on top and top it with a layer of shredded mozarella and cheddar cheese.
- Bake in a pre-heater oven at 200°C for about 20 mins or untill the cheese melted to a nice brown tone. Garnish and serve.