Pork Loin 600g sliced to 16mm thick
Baking soda 2 tsp
Shoyu 1 Tbsp (I used Kikkoman)
Sugar 1 Tbsp
Chinese wine 2 Tbsp
Sesame oil 1 Tbsp
Black pepper powder 1 tsp
Garlic powder 2 tsp
5 Spice powder 1 tsp
Cornflour 2 Tbsp
1. Pound the pork chops with a meat tenderizer till it is 1.5X its original size
2. Dissolve salt and baking soda in water and soak the pork for 1 hour.
3. Rinse the pork thoroughly and drain excess water. (Do not pat dry)
4. Mix all the ingredients in the marinade and coat the pork evenly. Marinade overnight
5. Deep fry the pork for 1.5 mins in 180°C oil.
6. Rest for 5 mins before slicing
Ingredients (for 1 bowl of fried rice)
Shortgrain rice 1 bowl (cooked “hard”)
Egg yolk 1
Butter 1 Tbsp
Hao chi seasoning 1/2 tsp to 1 tsp to taste
(substitute with 1 tsp garlic powder and 1/4 tsp salt)
White pepper 1/2 tsp
Whole egg 1 plus white from other egg (beat)
Spring onions 2 (diced)
Add yolk, butter and dry ingredients to rice and mix well.
Add oil and cook eggs till 80% cooked.
Add in seasoned rice and stir fry till fragrant.
Once rice is ready, turn off the fire and add in spring onions.