It is inevitable to feel tired when you are a stay home mum handling 3 kids. Whenever I have no idea what to cook and a chicken ready in the freezer, this is the dish to make. Just cut the chicken into a butterfly and put all vegetables aside and the dish is done in an hour!
- 1/2 Lemon
- 6 cloves Garlic, just peeled
- 2-3 Potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1-2 Carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1 Yellow Pepper, cut into wedges (can use green and red as well)
- 1 Chicken, about 1-1.3kg
- 1-2 tsp Sea salt (for rubbing on the chicken)
- Rosemary or Parsley or Organo herbs (for rubbing on the chicken)
- 1-2 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tsp Lemon peels, grated
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C.
- Briefly rinse the chicken and wipe dry.
- Rub salt on the chicken on both sides and set aside on a baking tray.
- Put the lemon and garlic below.
- Sprinkle olive oil, herbs, black pepper.
- Grate lemon peels on chicken.
- Place all the cut vegetables around the chicken.
- Place in preheated oven and cook for an hour or until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- Cut and serve.