Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 4-6 prawns (frozen or fresh)
- 1/2 squid (cleaned and cut)
- 1 big tomato (cut into small cubes)
- dried parsley leaves (fresh also ok)
- cream or milk (your own preference)
- parmesan cheese
- seafood or prawn stock
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- ¼ tsp dark soy sauce
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 tsp shaoxing wine ( I used glutinous rice wine, which I ferment myself.)
- ¼ tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- ½ tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp cornflour / corn starch
- 2 Tbsp water
- sesame oil, to taste
- In a large saucepan boil water for the pasta. When water begins to boil add salt liberally, let water return to a boil and cook pasta to al dente. Drain.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat with olive oil. Add shallots and garlic, and saute 5 minutes. Stir in stock and tomatoes and bring to a bubble. If using raw seafood, season with lemon zest, salt, and pepper.
- Raise the heat a bit then add the seasoned seafood and heat through or cook until just about firm and opaque, a couple of minutes. If using cooked seafood, season the seafood when you add it to skillet with lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- Stir in heavy cream or milk and toss hot pasta with sauce and chives and/or parsley, adjust seasoning and serve.