- Glutinous rice wine, enough to cover the chicken parts. (click here for recipe)
I made this wine myself as it is illegal to sell wine here without license, it is not easy to buy. I used to buy from this lady who makes it at home but find that it is too diluted. Hence I told myself I must master this recipe so as to continue cooking for my family.
- 1 Sakura chicken, chopped into small pieces
- Small amount of sugar and light soya sauce
- 2 cups of ginger, minced.
** I like to use either old ginger or 文冬姜, it may not be easy to find but I managed to find them in the vegetable stalls in the wet market.
- Pound the minced ginger and extract the juice. Ensure that ginger juice is really all squeezed out. Keep it aside separately. We will be needing both.
- With about 1 tbsp of oil, stir fry the ginger till slightly browned.
- Add in the chicken pieces and cook both sides. You may either brown it or half cook it. Both is fine.
- Slowly add in the ginger juice, this is to ensure that the chicken absorbs the ginger juice.
- After adding all the ginger juice, wait till its boiling.
- Pour in wine, making sure the chicken is submerged.
- Simmer for 15~30mins.
- Add light soya sauce and sugar to taste. For me, I added about 2 tbsps of sugar and 1 tbsp of light soya sauce but it all depends on the wine. Some wine are sweeter in taste so it requires lesser added sugar.