- 250g dried shrimps
- 100g shallots
- 6 garlic cloves
- 15 fresh red chilli
- 8 dried chilli, soaked in water for about 15-20 mins and drained.
- 10 bird’s eye chilli
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 4-5 tbsps vegetable oil
- Some water
- Soak shrimps in water for 15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Cut and peel garlic, shallots and chillies into smaller pieces. Add some water, allowing to blend better.
- Add dried shrimps in slowly and continue blending.
- Add sugar and salt. Stir to mix.
- Heat oil in wok. Fry until mixture is dry and dark brown.
- Cool and store in airtight container.