A dish that we always order from the Japanese restaurants, and the most important thing part of the batter would be the ice water that fluffs up and makes the crisps so airy and light.
For the tempura
- 6-8 Shrimps
- 200g Pumpkin, sliced thinly
- 1 Brinjal, sliced thinly
- 2 packets Enoki mushrooms, break into parts
- 2 cups Tempura flour
- 1-1.5 cups Ice water
For the dipping sauce
- 1-2 tsp Dashi powder
- 50-100ml Hot water
Preparing the tempura
- As the prawns are curved, we need to make it straight to make sure they do not curl up further more.
- Pull the prawn straight and cut slits on the botton so that the prawn straightens up. Set aside.
- Heat up oil for deep frying in a pot or wok.
- After all the ingredients are prepared, pour the ice water into the tempura flour.
- Dip one by one into the flour and into the oil.
- Fry till golden brown.
Preparing the dipping sauce
- Dissolve dashi powder in hot water.
- Serve as dipping sauce.