This soup is suitable for expelling of heat and dampness, strengthening of the spleen and muscles, preventing from catching a flu.
Job's tear is rich in fibre and vitamins B1 and B2. It is known for whitening the skin, expelling heat and promoting metabolism. It can help lose weight and enhance your complexion if consumed regularly but as it is cold in nature, once should avoid using it in soups or food when having their menstrual period or pregnant.
- 600g lotus root
- 600g pork ribs
- 2500ml water
- 200g peanuts
- Salt to taste
- Job's tear (optional)
- Rub and wash the lotus root, cut into big pieces.
- Scald pork rib in boiling water. Rinse to set aside.
- Put all ingredients and water in a pot.
- Bring to boil over high heat, turn to low when boiling and simmer for 3 hours.
- Turn off heat and season with salt.