Before I even attempted to look at the recipe for this dessert, I have always thought that it will be difficult to do. But let me tell you that this dish only takes 5 minutes of your time and it is a definitely worth it recipe to do. Try and see for yourself.
- 100g Dark chocolate, cut or broken into small pieces to facilitate melting
- 100g Unsalted butter, cut into small cubes to facilitate melting
- 2 Eggs
- 50g Caster sugar
- 20g Self raising flour
- Icing sugar for decoration
- Vanilla ice cream for side dessert
- Fruits like berries for decoration
- Preheat oven at 180 deg C.
- Using either microwave or water bath method, melt the butter and chocolate together. Be sure not to do it directly on the stove as it will burn the mixture.
- Turn off the heat and move bowl out of the water bath to cool slightly.
- Using an electric whisk or a mixer, beat the eggs and sugar until light yellow and frothy.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and stir in the flour.
- Butter your ramekins lightly.
- Fill the ramekins 3/4 full with the final mixture.
- Bake for 10 mins.
- If you find it overcooked or undercooked, you can adjust the timing. But either way, you will be able to eat the cake, just whether the lava will flow.
- Once its done, remove and let it cool for 10 mins, before using a knife to loose the edges and turn the ramekin over slowly to remove the cake.
- Sieve icing sugar over the cake and serve with ice cream.